BEGINNING MEDITATION ~ OREGON & ONLINE
Wednesdays 7:00 - 8:30 pm PDT
6 weeks. September 19 - October 24
Sachi Wellness Center & ONLINE
The emphasis of this Introductory class is to give you time-tested tools and techniques so you will feel confident you know what you're doing when you sit to meditate on your own at home, or joining a group meditation.
You will receive a thorough grounding in the basics of meditation common to all traditions and learn the four main types of meditation: Mindfulness, Breath, Visualization, and Mantra so you can choose the style that fits best with your lifestyle and personality.
You will learn:
- What meditation really is.
- Benefits of Meditation.
- Correct posture and the best posture for you.
- Techniques to Calm the Mind,
- Meditations to relax the body and improve sleep,
- Meditations to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Tips to sustain a successful home practice.
- A Meditation Routine that fits your lifestyle and personality.
- The common protocols for joining a group meditation or attending a meditation retreat.
You will experience how meditation:
- Reduces stress, relieves anxiety, improves sleep, calms the mind, relaxes the body, reduces cravings, improves your attitude, improves your relationships, and begins to transform your life.
- Brings calm, serenity, equanimity, tranquility, harmony and happiness.
- Gives us tools to cope with life and liberates us from old patterns of thinking and behavior that no longer serve us.
As a member of this class you will also be given six weeks of free access to the Meditation Momma Online Content with over 100 Instructional Videos, Meditations, and Teachings.
JOINING ONLINE? Join from your phone, tablet or computer.
You will receive a link for the series a few days before the class begins. We are using the zoom.us platform. If you don't already have it on your device, when you click the link it will prompt you to download the app. The download takes only a minute or so. It's very very user friendly.
Meditation Momma Online Subscribers, this class is eligible for your Subscriber Discount! Don't forget to use it!
Return to Class List