SPRING RETREAT: BEGIN. AGAIN.
Thursday - Sunday MARCH 1 - 4
5:00 pm Thursday ~ 1:00 pm Sunday
Alton Collins Retreat Center
The perfect retreat to welcome Spring as a season of rebirth and rejuvenation for your body, mind, and meditation practice.
It's such a simple phrase, "Begin. Again." Deceptively so. This simple concept contains levels and layers of wisdom we need as meditators to:
- Cultivate the stable foundation for our daily practice both on and off the cushion.
- Develop the equanimity necessary to practice the transformative technique known as Tonglen.
- Master the practice of Meditation as both an Art and a Lifetstyle.
All are ESSENTIAL, in my experience, to evolving from beginning to advanced meditator.
We've been waiting years, literally, for the right time and place to hold this retreat. And the time is now. Reserve your spot! Space is limited.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to immerse yourself in a truly transformative weekend:
Beautiful Natural Setting only 45 minutes from Portland.
Teaching & Discussion.
Periods of Reflection and Silence.
Immersion in the practice of Tonglen*
An "Introvert Safe" environment ; )
* Tonglen is, in my humble opinion, one of the most VITAL techniques for any meditator. It's certainly in my top three techniques. Why? Because it works for both beginning and advanced meditators on three distinct levels:
Releases stress, constriction, and difficult emotions from the physical body.
Transforms difficult emotions into feelings of compassion, peace and well-being.
Transmogrifies* the entrenched patterns in our subconcious. In other words, it bypasses the conscious mind and changes us at deep levels.
*Transmogrify verb: transfom, especially in a surprising or magical manner.
If you want to explore the depths of equanimity, peace and self-acceptance meditation makes possible, I encourage you to attend this retreat. It will change you.
Best of all, this retreat is suitable for both beginning and advanced meditators.
TRAVELING FROM OUTSIDE THE PORTLAND AREA?
- Fy into Portland International Airport, PDX. Here is your link to carriers with nonstop flights.
- We are happy to help co-ordinate transportation to and from the airport.
- The Retreat Center is located about 45 minutes from the airport. Arriving anytime Thursday afternoon is good. Plan your departing flight on Sunday for after 2:00 if possible.
All rooms include two twin beds and a full private bath. Linens and towels are included as are all meals—which are yummy and can accomodate most dietary needs.
Here's the cancellation policy... full disclosure:
- Cancel between Dec 30 and January 31: We can refund half of the total payment.
- Cancel after Feb 1: So sorry, but there are no refunds available after this date.
SUBSCRIBERS: A friendly reminder that your Subscriber Discount is not available for retreats. We price them so close to our cost that we aren't able to offer a discount. We hope you'll choose to join us anyways!
ALTON COLLINS RETREAT CENTER (map)
Return to Class List