MINI DAY RETREAT: MONKEY MIND. EMPTY MIND... Err?!
2018 Series: Maturing a Meditation Practice
Part 3: THOUGHT
Saturday May 19
9:00 - 3:30
Temple of Kriya Yoga
Saturday June 9
9:00 - 3:30
All meditators have monkey mind. Young meditators get frustrated and think there is something wrong with them. Not so!
Mature meditators understand and accept this. They are learning to understand the nature of thought, the power of thought, and become the master of thought.
Join me for this mini-journey into the Land of Thought. We will approach from four directions using Yogic, Karmic, Meditative and Mystical perspectives. We will explore:
- The purpose and nature of Thought and Mind ... Intriguing!
- Observing thoughts ... The basics.
- Outwitting thoughts ... Fun.
- Techniques to quiet thoughts ... Victory!
- Discovering the genesis of a thought ... So cool.
- Awareness of who is thinking thoughts ... Err?!
- Awareness of awareness ... Ahhh yes. This!
When you master your thoughts, you master your mind. And when you master your mind you are able to:
- Transcend thought altogether.
- Experience your True Nature.
- Touch the realm that lies beyond suffering where Peace, Joy, Calm. Bliss, Contentment and Love, abide.
I hope you can join me. You will leave with a map to take you from Monkey Mind to Empty Mind!
Bring your lunch and a snack to share.
Subscribers, remember to take your Subscriber Discount!
OREGON Location To Be Announced
TEMPLE OF KRIYA YOGA ~ CHICAGO (map)
Return to Class List