6 weeks. February 10 – March 16
Saturdays, 9:00–10:00am PT / 11:00 CT / Noon ET
On Zoom with Gena LaFrenier & Hamsa Teachers
Is the word MEDITATE on your list of goals for 2024 but you’re not sure how to start? Did your doctor or therapist recommended meditation but you’re not sure who to trust? Or, perhaps you’ve tried meditating before, or tried using one of the wonderful apps out there, but it didn’t stick.
We can help. Meditation is our wheelhouse!
Check out some of the reasons people have come to us to learn how to meditate.
Do any of these resonate with you?
Reduce feelings of stress and overwhelm • Deal with Anxiety • Move through grief • Stop repetitive thoughts and judgmental circular thinking • Better relationships with family members • A path forward during a time of change • Wanting to change but not succeeding • Be less angry and reactive • Lower blood pressure • Be more loving and accepting • Self-compassion and forgiveness • Find meaning in life • To deepen joy • Find a spiritual connection • To feel calm and peaceful and happy…
If you relate to any of these reasons, we’ve got you! This is what we do.
I had no idea meditation included different styles, shapes, sizes, and a way that would work for me. ~JS
I slept better than I have in months last night! ~DW
Here’s what we’ve learned over all the years we’ve been teaching meditation:
- The number one reason people struggle to meditate? They don’t think they’re doing it right.
- The number one reason people don’t meditate? They don’t have the time.
We get it. We’ve been there too. So we teach this class in a way that
- Gives you the confidence to know you’re meditating correctly.
- Shows you how you can be a meditator, even if you think you don’t have the time.
We teach by doing. You will learn step by step, incrementally over 6 weeks, the basics of meditation that are common to all meditation traditions. Along the way you will be introduced to four main types of meditation: Mindfulness, Breath, Guided Visualization, and Mantra. By the end of the series, you will know a meditation routine that fits best with your lifestyle and personality.
Today I felt fully and wonderfully present. ~JG
So many valuable application to life outside of Meditation. Meditating this way is having a positive impact on my life and the life I share with others. ~RH
Here’s a taste of what you’ll learn:
- Correct posture and the best posture for you,
- Mindfulness Practices to calm the mind and relax the body,
- Meditations to reduce stress and anxiety,
- Tips to sustain a successful home practice,
- A Meditation Routine that fits your lifestyle and personality.
You will experience how meditation:
- Calms the mind, relaxes the body, quiets your thoughts, reduces anxiety, brings you into the present moment, improves your attitude, and begins to transform your life.
- Brings feelings of ease, serenity, equanimity, tranquility, and happiness.
- Gives you tools to cope with life and liberate yourself from old patterns of thinking and behavior that no longer serve you.
I loved the Loving Kindness Blessing. It helped me be more loving & kind to myself. Less hard on myself. More forgiving. I feel so appreciative of you and this opportunity. ~KS
Private Course Page that includes:
- Video tutorials of the techniques you’re learning in class that you can review at your own convenience.
- A selection of Audio Meditations you can listen to during the week.
- Handouts with blessings and mantras we use during class.
The most important thing you can do for yourself, your family,
your workplace, your community, and the world… is to meditate.
TIPS FOR A COMFORTABLE CLASS
- Be sure to dress comfortably! Clothes that are tight or uncomfortable to sit in, are not conducive to meditation.
- It’s best not to eat a heavy meal before meditating.
- Log on a few minutes early so we can resolve any sound or video issues before class begins.
- Be you.
The zoom link for the class is in your email receipt. Feel free to bookmark it. It’s the same link each week.
Didn’t get a receipt? Check your spam. If it’s not there, please reach out to us.
You will also be sent the zoom link for the class 1 hour before each class.